Searching for a new settled minister is an arduous process, but also an invigorating one. We have spent this past year reexamining every aspect of our life at DUUF in order to best chart the path to our future. We are most grateful to our interim minister, the Rev. Donna Dolham, for her experience, wisdom, patience and tenacity in guiding us through this exciting and challenging period.
Our search team has been working hard in preparation for the formal public announcement. They likewise have our deepest gratitude for their enthusiastic acceptance of this heavy responsibility, so critical to the future of this congregation.
At October’s “Seach Socials” the search team heard from members about their desires in a new minister through our “mad-lib” fill in the blank activity. So what did we hear time and again–a community builder. We want someone who can help us continue to build our community–both as a congregation as a first priority and as a presence in the greater Denton community. We want someone who inspires us through Sunday worship and we see our Sunday time as key for coming together as a community for spiritual practice as well as for enjoying our socializing together. Look here for details next week on what we learned about social action.
Timeline of Minister Search Process
The Search Team will now turn its focus to:
- November 2019 – Search Team submits information that will allow interested Minister Candidates to learn more about DUUF.
- December 1, 2019 – Information about each congregation becomes available to Minister Candidates.
- January 2020 – Search Team receives a list of interested Minister Pre-Candidates and conducts initial interviews via Zoom.
- February & March 2020 – Minister Pre-Candidate interviewing continues.
- April-May 2020 – Candidating Week where the entire fellowship has the opportunity to meet the Minister Candidate.
- August 2020 – New Minister ARRIVES!!!!!!